As our full-time Safety Director, Christopher Long is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe workplace for Keystruct employees, subcontractors, customers, and the public. He plans and develops our corporate safety, health, and environmental protection functions.
Chris believes that safety is everyone’s responsibility, and he implements programs and policies to achieve that goal. He develops site specific safety plans, conducts jobsite safety audits and inspections, oversees the Keystruct Safety Committee, and conducts safety training topics that cover a wide range of OSHA/MSHA standards. Chris focuses every day on promoting safety policies designed to get everyone home safely at the end of each work day.
Because Safety Matters, our quarterly All Company Meetings always feature important safety information.
Below is the information presented at our June 2018 meeting.
Our safety team promotes the safety, health and welfare of every individual on each project site through: creation and maintenance of a safe work environment, safety programs, awareness, insurability, and drug and alcohol testing.
Keystruct Construction’s Safety Policies:
• Promote the safety, health and welfare of every individual on each project site.
• Create and maintain a safe work place for our employees and subcontractors.
• Provide a safety program that parallels good construction practices.
• Create an awareness of safety in field and office personnel.
• Maintain a desirable insurability position for the company.
• Perform random drug and alcohol testing.
Keystruct’s Required Safety Training and Certifications for Field Personnel Include:
- New Employee Orientation
- MSHA Training: 8-hour & 24-hour
- OSHA Training: 10-hour & 30-Hour
- Fall Protection
- ICRA Training
- First Aid and CPR
- Trenching and Excavation
- Confined Spaces
- Industrial Lift Truck
- Aerial Lift
- Fork Lift
- PPE Use Competent Persons
- Hazard Communication