Michael Heist is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe workplace for Keystruct employees, subcontractors, customers and the public. He plans and develops our corporate safety, health and environmental protection functions. Mike conducts the MSHA and OSHA training for Keystruct. His responsibilities include jobsite safety audits and conducting safety training topics that cover a wide range of OSHA/MSHA standards.
Mike also does injury and incident investigations, develops and maintains the safety policies, oversees the certified safety committee, and assists in managing workers’ compensation claims. He has experience in residential, industrial, commercial, and heavy highway work in PA, MD and VA.
Our safety team promotes the safety, health and welfare of every individual on each project site through: creation and maintenance of a safe work environment, safety programs, awareness, insurability, and drug and alcohol testing.
Keystruct Construction’s Safety Policies:
• Promote the safety, health and welfare of every individual on each project site.
• Create and maintain a safe work place for our employees and subcontractors.
• Provide a safety program that parallels good construction practices.
• Create an awareness of safety in field and office personnel.
• Maintain a desirable insurability position for the company.
• Perform random drug and alcohol testing.
Keystruct’s Required Safety Training and Certifications for Field Personnel Include:
- New Employee Orientation
- MSHA Training: 8-hour & 24-hour
- OSHA Training: 10-hour & 30-Hour
- Fall Protection
- ICRA Training
- First Aid and CPR
- Trenching and Excavation
- Confined Spaces
- Industrial Lift Truck
- Aerial Lift
- Fork Lift
- PPE Use Competent Persons
- Hazard Communication